Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Places

Today I stopped in two galleries I had never been in before. First was Sirani Gallery:


The paintings/works were all very high quality, many of them quite large, impressive and pricey (talking thousands of dollars here). I remember a large wooden bench (natural/organic-looking, beautiful)... it was priced at around $13,000. A portion of the gallery had these large, tall, vertical drawers that could be pulled out to reveal hanging paintings.

And secondly I went to Gallery Christine Frechard (accent mark above the e in Frechard). It's just two doors down from Sirani Gallery (the store Occasions is in between):


Inside, a variety of work was on display. Mixed media, some 3D pieces, some abstract pieces; I recognized a few mixed media works that I saw at the Three Rivers Arts Festival. The art here was considerably smaller (and probably less expensive) than in Sirani Gallery. Her gallery opened earlier this month and is not just an art gallery, but also a place for learning about culture via language, dance, music and art? classes. Pretty cool.

One other new place I stopped at today was the store Zipper Blues. It is a brand new women's clothing boutique and I am not sure if they are really officially open just yet (were still setting up when I went in... door was open). They have some pretty neat clothes in there, including some Pittsburgh sports team apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment