Monday, October 19, 2009

art update

I splatter painted the jeans yesterday. Didn't quite turn out how I wanted, but I'm not that dissatisfied. Need to put them through the wash to make sure the paint doesn't come out (it shouldn't but just in case...).

Front:


Closeup:


Back:


Need to start gathering more pairs, in different colors if possible and sizes. Will probably experiment with various paint colors/combinations too, dilution/thickness, masking. Fun! May need to lay out more garbage bags (or better yet a large tarp?) next time... I got some paint on the paved lot behind our house and while I tried to wash, scrub as much away as I could, I didn't get all of it off... :/

Also just made these adorable earrings:


Hope I can sell the jeans and earrings at Handmade Arcade. If not, then I guess I'll start selling on Art Fire soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment